• Vibrant, Relevant & Passionate Worship. Responding to God’s Grace through the Music Ministry.
• It is not about us.
• Our purpose is to humbly take those we are leading, the body, into the Throne Room of God in Worship.
• A heart of humility and selfless service is needed.
• The ministry of the worship team is not about showcasing one’s talents or drawing attention to one’s self.
• It is about leading others in worshiping the LORD.
• This is a high and holy calling.
• Participation in the worship team is a privilege granted to the faithful, not a right based upon human talent.
What Worship Means To Us
The worship team exists to use their vocal, instrumental and technical abilities to:
• Exalt and magnify the LORD, not themselves.
• Edify and encourage God’s PEOPLE to worship the LORD.
• Prepare hearts to respond obediently to the proclamation of God’s Word.
• Each team member must possess and continually cultivate a Christ Like attitude of humility & servanthood (Phil. 2:3-5).
This essential attitude of humility will reflect itself in a spirit of:
• Reverence towards God.
• Respect and submission towards those who lead.
• Co-operation and support towards fellow team members.
• Readiness to serve God when called upon.
7 Hebrew Words that should define our Praise
BARAK - This means to kneel down, to Bless God as an act of adoration
YADAH - To throw out the hand, to worship with the extended hand
TOWDAH - This means an extension of the hand in adoration or acceptance
SHABACH - To address in a loud tone, to triumph, glory, shout
HALAL - To be clear, to shine, to boast, celebrate, be clamorously foolish
ZAMAR - This means to touch the strings, to pluck the strings and sing along
TEHILLAH - This means to sing, to laud, praise that God inhabits